Cookie, Privacy and GDPR Policy
We at Sunfluencer are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Sunfluencer may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated on 19th January 2023 and is version 1.
What we collect
- We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, date of birth, gender, home or work address, post code, telephone number, product preferences and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. As well information that you provided in wanting to be our affiliate on our ‘affiliate’ or ‘contact’ page.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including but not limited to: your IP address, location, browser type, operating system, referral source and website navigation paths, and cookies that are installed on your device.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your personal information to:
1) Administer our website such as internal record keeping
2) Improve our overall products and services that we offer you
3) Send via email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
4) Contact you for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update our website.
5) Provide third parties with statistical information about our users. Parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information.
6) Send you social media marketing communications through our influencers and show you adverts when browsing online relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you;
We sell and ship primarily to US customers with a company registered in the Netherlands. The Netherlands as part of the European Union falls under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which guarantees better personal data protection than in most states in the US.
- Therefore in practice, we request you to expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, but as per GDPR requirements you may contact our customer support to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may request us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you and request us at any time to no longer process your personal information, unless the law requires us to do so. or marketing purposes. You also have the right to complain if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. Our aim is 100% customer satisfaction.
When You Contact Us
- If you get in touch over the phone, by email or via a contact form on our website we may ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses.
- This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help.
When we’ll contact you
- We or our US distributor may contact you shortly after your purchase to discuss your delivery and make sure that it all goes smoothly for you.
- We may also offer you other services which relate to the products that you have purchased.
Cookies are small text files used to transfer information.
Site functionality cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
When you return to our website, we’ll be able to remember the products you’ve compared or added to your basket.
Cookies also enable us to show adverts relevant to you when you’re browsing online, for example deals or products you’ve looked at.
Analytics cookies help us to learn where we’re going wrong, and which elements of the site you find easier to use. We’ll track the volume of people on our site, where they click, and where they exit the site.
This website uses analytics services provided by Google.
Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how users use the Website.
This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website and these services offered through it.
You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website, it does enable us to continually improve our business.
Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you decide to visit the Website and it may not be possible to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by removing from your browser.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies.
By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time. However, you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
We use reasonable measures to maintain the security of your personal information.
Even so, technical mistakes are possible.
No service provider, including our Company, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
Information we’ll share
We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
1) where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request)
2) when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service or IT service provider. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf. They cannot use your data for any other purpose.
3) with our group companies who may provide us with services.
We’ll never sell your information.
We’ll always comply with the relevant legislation.
We use third party payment service providers which are integrated into our website.
When you pay using one of these methods i.e. Stripe you are redirected to the providers portal.
Your use of these services is subject to the terms and conditions of the payment providers.
When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your order information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed, or until you, as the data subject, withdraw your consent to the processing.